Hey guys! I know this won't apply for everybody, but I've made a little list of 10 things I do during my week so I feel more relaxed and organised. I hope you enjoy this and if you have any other ideas for tips I can share with you guys, please feel free to let me know in the comments section down below! :)
(Also thank you to my sister Nicole for letting me take photos of you for this article :P)
1) Create an on-going to-do list: This has been one of the handiest tips that I've ever been told! Creating an on-going to-do list is a such a feel-good thing that helps you stay organised and motivates you to get things done (and adding a tick beside a point is so, so satisfying). I have been doing this for almost a year now and even if you have things that aren't urgent (eg. print photos from your last holiday and make a little scrapbook with them), it will still be there on paper so it doesn't escape your mind! Sometimes I enjoy making mini to-do lists at the start of the day too if I have a range of tasks I know I need to get done in a small space of time! :)
2) Moisturise every morning and night: My Nonna has the best skin in the world and her secret is that she's been moisturising since she was sixteen years old. So I decided to add this into my routine :) It's actually so relaxing and it's super easy to incorporate into your routine if you don't do so already. I normally moisturise when I brush my teeth in the morning and at night so I don't forget to do it! It leaves your skin feeling nice and hydrated and in the morning it makes me feel nice and refreshed :) I just finished using my Go-To Skincare moisturiser and now am trying out Jurlique's 'Moisture Replenishing Day Cream' which is a really nice formula.
3) Get yourself a nice drink bottle: For an extended amount of time, I would only ever drink water when I was sitting down having meals and it got to a point where I noticed I'd feel dehydrated throughout the day and would get dry lips. I decided to grab a pretty-colour drink bottle from LuluLemon and as I mentioned in my 'What in my: Uni bag' post, having something that looks nice motivates me to do things - and in this case, it was such a worthy investment and has kept me drinking water throughout the day constantly :)
4) Light some candles: I love lighting candles at night and on the rare occasion that I have a bath, I like to light them when I'm doing that too. My absolute favourite candle is Glasshouse's 'Rio De Janeiro' candle which is a tropical, mango-like scent and is really fresh :) I like to burn candles for an hour or so before I go to bed so it makes my room smell nice and sweet before I head to sleep.
5) Treat yourself to a bath every now and then: I really enjoy having baths and showers and when I have the time and really want to treat myself, I love having a bath. When I have a bath I love popping in some bubble bath and using a bath bomb (I love the bath bombs from Lush!). It's so nice to sit in steaming hot water and to have the time to just lie there and have a relax, especially after a long day at work or uni.
6) Organise and tidy your desk space: This is one of my most important tips! If my workspace is all cluttered and dis-organised, it makes me less motivated to actually do work and be productive. So I would 100% recommend putting ten minutes aside once a week just to make sure your work space is nice and tidy so you're motivated to use it and so you can access anything you need easily so you don't waste time trying to find where you last left something :) Adding small personal touches like lists, graphics, swatches, books and other things can really help to make your work space more appealing.
7) Create a feel-good playlist: I honestly don't listen to music much when I'm doing work, but I love listening to it when I'm on the road and I prefer to listen to my own playlist so I can enjoy some upbeat tunes :) Some songs in my feel-good playlist at the moment include:
- I Want You Back: Jackson 5
- You Make My Dreams: Daryl Hall and John Oates
- Flathead - The Fratellis
- 1955 - Hilltop Hoods, Montaigne, Tom Thum
- Shackles (Praise You) - Mary Mary
8) Do a face mask once a week: My sister Nicole and I have been doing face-masks once a week for a while now and our favourite is the Mask of Magnaminty by Lush. We do this every Friday night because we are normally home on this day. All you have to do is pop it on, sit down and relax for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. It makes your face feel so fresh once you've scrubbed it off and we've noticed it has made our skin much softer since using it :)
9) Stick to a diary/planner: Using a planner/diary is the one thing that makes me feel on top of everything in my life. I love colour-coding, making lists, popping in sticky-notes and just the general feeling of organisation and I feel like if you own one of these, you can't help but force yourself to be organised because they're so gorgeous to look at! :) I like to add a bunch of Kikki.K goodies into mine with pretty graphics to push myself to be super organised and to prioritise, note and plan everything from uni, to work, to social dates :)
10) Set a certain time at night where you focus on you and do what you enjoy: The one thing that I like to do is set a time (mine is 10:00pm) where once it hits, you start focusing on things you enjoy. It's so easy to get caught up in homework and chores and errands you need to sort out that you forget to make time for yourself so I think this is so, so important! You can do anything that you love - my favourite thing to do lately is to watch vloggers on YouTube (my favourite is Estèe Lalone.. you can see some of her videos here!), or you could always read a book, make a tea, do some colouring-in or prepare your lunch for the next day (if you enjoy cooking) :)